If it’s been more than a year since you updated your Twitter account header image, it’s high time for something new. To that end, ArtsHacker has you covered with free Photoshop template capable of helping you design the best possible image header that looks great across both browser and app based versions.
Just The Specs
If you’re more of the DIY type and only need the specs, here you go:
- Header: 1500 pixels wide x 500 pixels high
- Profile: 400 pixels x 400 pixels
Why The Template Helps
Since Twitter relies on the awesome that is responsive design, you need to know that you don’t get 100% of those pixels showing across all browser and device types. In order to arrive at a design that doesn’t suffer from #AutoCropFail, you’ll need to muck about with calculations available in Twitter dev resources along with a lot of trial and error.
Or you can simply use the following template.
- Use The template layers. Each section is a unique layer and the text is bundled into a group. Create a new layer to begin your own design and position it below these. You can then activate/deactivate or edit their opacity to see if your design falls into the naughty or nice territory.
- Save your file at as high of a quality file size as possible (max filesize = 2MB). All social media platforms compress and optimize the images you upload so if you do all of that ahead of time, you’ll end up with degraded image quality.
- Save your file in JPG or PNg format.
- Less Is More. Avoid loading up the header image with small details or text.
Free Online Design Resources
No Photoshop skills? No Photoshop app? No time? All of the above? No worries, the internets have you covered.
Both Cava.com and Snappa.com provide basic customization of a wide range of templates. You’ll need to create a free account to access the design tools and download the final result so brace for email marketing impact.