Just when we got used to Millennials and their quirks and buying habits, the next generation is already here. The Founders generation aka Generation Z were born after 1995 and have a different identity then their Millennial predecessors.
- Founders have been surrounded by technological advances, so they are connected to and multitask across 5 screens: TV, phone, laptop, desktop, and any portable music player.
- Since they’ve always had access to the Internet, they’ve never had to live without computers and are consequently, much more savvy with these tools.
- They have different spending habits than the millennials. Since they watched Millennials struggle through the Great Recession, Founders are actually more likely to be financially conservative. They have a deep entrepreneurial spirit and are motivated by advancement not money, even more so than the Millennials.
- Nonprofits can engage with this group by communicating visually and interactively; websites and emails must be mobile-friendly. But, once you’ve hooked them, they prefer face-to-face communication over other forms of engagement.
- Members of this generation have grown up around changing norms, so allow them opportunities to create and to improve upon your cause.