The trees are blooming, the flowers blossoming, computer mouses clicking away, and frenzied administrators wandering around quoting narratives and outcome data: Grant writing season is upon us! In truth, it’s probably always grant writing season, but with several large grant opportunities coming due soon, it seems to be at the height.
No matter how hard you stare at the blank application repeating “How will we define success?”, that question won’t magically answer itself. Fortunately, Amanda Keating, a program associate at Fractured Atlas wrote in an April, 2015 blog post about six commonly asked questions and how to answer them.
She offers tips and suggestions for completing:
- How will grant funds be used?
- How will you define success?
- Who are the key collaborators?
- What will you do if you don’t receive full funding?
- The often tricky budget narrative
- How will your work help further the mission of the foundation?
Hopefully, using her tips, all your grants will be funded! Happy Grant Writing Season!